Amendments of Rules
The management has the right to introduce amendments or changes in the rules and regulations in the case of exigencies and in furtherance of the aims and objectives and when necessity arises.
Application for T.C. shall be made in writing to the Principal by the parent/guardian. School leaving or any other certificate will not be issued until all dues to the school have been paid. Student who has failed in two
consecutive years or whose conduct/attendance/ progress is not satisfactory are liable to ask to leave the school. Transfer certificate is issued generally 20 days after submitting the application.
Dismissal & Rustication
- Students are dismissed from the school for serious violation of school discipline.
Irregularity in class, malpractices and misbehaviors in the examination hall, disrespect to staff members or school management, destructive behaviors or conduct, cause of damage to the reputation of the school can be
sufficient reasons for rustication without any written information/warning
- Any student through or by whom any external disturbance is caused may also be rusticated.
- The students whose parents/guardians misbehave with the school authorities will be asked to leave the school.
The School Management reserves itself the right to dismiss the students who continuously fail to make satisfactory progress in their studies or whose conduct is, in a way, detrimental to the orderly life of the
- Use or attempt to use unfair means in exams, tests and assignments are sufficient cause of dismissal.
- Written application signed by parents/guardians shall be submitted beforehand for sanctioning any leave from the school.
- Except in case of serious illness, no leave is generally granted to any student more than three consecutive days.
- If a student is absent on account of illness, the Principal and the Class Teacher should be intimated of the same immediately.
- If the absence has lasted for more than three days a medical certificate should be submitted along with the application for attending class again.
- Once attendance is marked, students will not be given any partial leave.
- Absence from the class due to festivals and functions is totally discouraged.
- The student should obey the existing and amended rules of the school.
- It is obligatory to bring the hand book daily to the school.
- No transparent/very light-costly or fashionable or tight dress items are allowed to be used by the students, in the school. Gold ornaments are strictly prohibited. Low waist is strictly prohibited.
Bringing chewing gum, tobacco etc. and using in the school is prohibited. Carrying objectionable things like knife, crackers, mobile phones, etc are banned. If found, the concerned students will be fined heavily and
rusticated without giving warning notice.
- Nobody is supposed to bring money, except meant for school contribution.
- Strict action will be taken against those students who are found disobeying the orders of the Principal and the teachers.
Students are not expected to call anybody to the school, unidentified or even friends from outside to the school or nearby the school. If anybody found having any contact with anti-social elements will be rusticated
from the school without serving any warning letters.
- No students will be allowed to go home during class hours. In any urgency, parents themselves have to come personally and on written request only, the students may be permitted.
Regularity to the school is absolutely mandatory. If any student is found irregular, he/she may not be allowed to appear for final exam or may be asked to discontinue and the students and the parents shall be
responsible for any adverse consequences.
No student should cause any damage to the school property. The damage caused shall be recovered from the students immediately, along with a fine. The fine will be decided by the school authority and the decision will
Students should be punctual and regular for the daily classes. All the students are expected to occupy their seats in the class before the first bell. Attending general assembly is compulsory for all, including
- Students coming late may not be allowed to enter the school campus till the assembly gets over.
- Late comers who miss the school assembly should present the hand-book to the Principal / Class Teacher to be permitted for the class. Minus points will be added to the late comers.
- Pupils found absent from the class will not be admitted to the next day's class, unless a leave mark should be made in diary stating the reason of absence is sent by the parent.
- Running, playing or shouting in the class rooms & corridors is not allowed. No pupil shall enter the class room other than one's own, without permission.
- No third chance: students who fail in the same class shall be asked to leave the school.
- Every student should take part in the school games and other co-curricular activities.
- Students are responsible for the safe custody of their belongings. Each article must be marked with name and roll number.
- Students should never tamper the entries made in the progress cards and school diaries.
- Speaking in English is compulsory at the school. The violation to which will be punished with fine and minus remark will be added to those students.
The class rooms, corridors and the school premise shall be kept clean. Waste papers or other waste materials must always be thrown into the waste boxes provided. The Students may always take care that display boards,
walls, furniture, black boards, shelves etc., are kept neat and in order.
- For a serious violation of any of the school regulations, a student may be temporarily suspended according to the discretion of the Principal.
- When passing along corridors during class hours, students should keep silence.
- The sick students should not be sent to the school.
- A child suffering from contagious diseases will not be allowed to attend the class.
- Use of foul language or offensive behaviour is punishable and further repetition of the same will lead to the expulsion of student from the school.
Tips to the Students
- Never omit the lesson or home work assigned; If you do, it is like missing a train that you can never catch afterwards.
- Always revise the work done in the class and get your difficulties solved.
- If memory work is assigned, learn it overnight and repeat it in the morning.
- At the end of the week, revise all that you learned during the week.
Make a daily 'home time table' for yourself. In this way you will learn to be a student of regular habits, one of the most valuable assets in later life. Stick deliberately to sufficient study hours, every day
minimum 4 hours. If for unavoidable reasons, they are not completed, supplement them as soon as possible.
- It is preferable to have a chair and desk intended for your studies, in the comparatively quite and well lighted room of your house.
- Realize the value of time. Do not wait till the exam approaches.
Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. Each article should be marked with their names. It is not advisable for the pupils to bring money or other valuable things to the school.
Enrolment to GCM Convent Sr. Sec. School implies on the part of the pupils and Parent/ Guardians' willingness to comply with the rules and regulations of the institution.